26 February 2009

Update on the Nick 3d Project

Hi Yesterday I didn't post because I was very busy working on the texture for my character. It is going fine in my opinion. It took me awhile to figure out which color use and what should be the concept for it as the original sketch is monochrome. At first I wanted him to have a more retro look and style with light color but it turn out more dark and aggressive but kinda cool. I have mainly work on the torso yet and on the legs. The arms should not take to longer to texture as I know now which color and how to do to texture them.


Just click on the image if you want to see it full size.













I use photo reference for the most part of the texture. Then I overlay the cavity map and the normal map generate by zbrush on the top of the colored layer. But in top of that I also put the normal map and the cavity map in the bump map slot. When I put it in multiply in the color map it give more a sens of volume and light that you don't have to draw by yourself necessary. Also It give along with the UV map indications where the details of the sculpt


Sam The 3d Blogger
www.the3dblogger.blogspot.com



No comments: